What's new 2021-2022
Follow new features and improvements to Troopr Projects here
- Added a new pre-defined emoji action 💬 emoji to add the Slack message as comment to an existing Jira issue. Read more about emoji actions here.
- Added new pre-defined emoji actions like 👀 emoji to assign the issue to yourself, :green check mark: emoji to mark the issue status and resolution as done. Read more about emoji actions here.
Administrators can now set up automatic channel sync for selected projects, with JQL filters and conditions. Whenever the conditions (selected project, JQL filter, Jira action) are satisfied, Troopr would automatically create a new channel with the name specified in the ‘New Slack channel configuration’ tab.
- Users can now attach multiple attachments with issues at the time of creation or in the thread sync.
Administrators can now set field defaults in channels using channel preferences. Set up a default sprint for the channel by choosing a specific sprint or ‘current sprint’. When 'current sprint is selected, every new issue that is created in the channel, will be added in the current sprint.
- Administrators can now enable or disable the leading message (message containing information about how to customize thread sync behavior) and @mention reporter message in the thread sync. Read more on thread sync.
- Using guest facilitation, when Troopr creates an issue from another bot message, the name of the bot is included in the Jira issue.
- The ‘Issue created successfully’ message which used to show up whenever an issue was created has now been removed.
- Emoji action changes- When an emoji action is created for issue create action, administrators can now handle behavior of emoji creation. Administrators can choose between ‘Always’- show issue creation button when user reacts with the emoji on a Slack message, ‘On failure’- show issue creation button (+issue ) only when issue could not be created automatically or ‘Never’- never show the issue creation button.
- Issue card customization changes- Issue card customization is not dependent on the project defaults set in the channel. Any project notification, creation or unfurl that happens in the channel will have the same issue card customization set automatically.
Administrators can now set up personal preferences [personal notifications, request creation behavior, thread sync] for a verified team member [team members who have verified their account with Troopr]. This can be done in the ‘Team member preferences’ tab in ‘Personal preferences’. Users can later change their preferences under the ‘My preferences’ tab in ‘Personal preferences’.
Administrators can now set up default personal notifications for team members. This configuration will be default only to all first time users who have verified their account with Troopr. The user can later change their notification preferences under the ‘My preferences’ tab in ‘Personal preferences’.
- Issue creation form used to get stuck in the processing state earlier. The bug has been fixed and the issue creation form does not get stuck anymore.
- When global guest facilitation is not enabled and an unverified user comments in the thread sync, Troopr used to send a prompt asking the user to verify their account with Troopr. In the new release, we have added a ‘Don’t remind me again’ button. This would stop Troopr from sending the reminder prompt.
- Jira issue URL has now been shortened. Hover over any issue to see the shortened Jira URL.
- When you delete the unfurl messages, the issue card will now be deleted as well.
- In issues, the @ mentioning of the reporter, has now been changed to a simple text mention.
- Notification thread will now be disabled automatically if the notification subscription is switched off.
Administrators can now set global issue creation defaults that will work across Slack. Set a default project and issue type with global scope in the web app => Troopr Project => Connection page. Read more about this feature here.
To enable this configuration, Troopr webapp-> Projects-> Connections-> Issue creation behavior.
Administrators can now create custom commands for issue actions including creating, finding and listing issues.
'Issue create' action allows you to create commands with pre-built filter, custom filter, JQL filter or filter from Jira. ‘Issue list’ action will show list of Jira issues with the filter conditions selected. Eg: Show list of Jira issues assigned to me. ‘Issue find’ action will find Jira issues containing the search-keyword along with the selected filter conditions(/t command search-keyword).
- If an issue from a project is moved to another project, the existing thread of the original issue in the original project will not be removed.
Unverified users (users who are yet to connect their Jira account with Troopr) can now create and update (comment and change status) on Jira issues using this feature. The administrator can authorize a Jira account for guest facilitation at Slack Workspace level.
Guest user restriction feature would be available only if Global Guest facilitation is authorized.
In guest user restrictions, admin can allow only selected users to have access to Jira projects or block selected users in the workspace to take no action on Jira projects. The users who are blocked will not be able to create and update (comment and change status) on Jira issues. Likewise, only the users who are allowed, would have all privileges to create and update (comment and change status) on Jira issues.
Administrators can now allow or block Jira projects for use by guests by accessing this feature. By using this feature you can decide what project(s) issues can be used by guest users present in the channel. If certain project(s) are blocked, then guest users cannot view or take any action on those Jira project(s). If certain project(s) are allowed, guest users can create issues in only those project(s). To use this feature Go to Troopr Web App > Project > Connection > Guest Project Restriction > Set your preferences
If a project is configured in channel defaults then that project will be disabled in project restriction options.
Users can now copy a Troopr channel configuration into another. To do this, invite Troopr into a new channel, click on "Onboard Troopr" button in that channel and choose "Copy preferences from existing channel". Then, choose the channel you want preferences copied from.
- Users can now use existing channel preferences in new channel
Onboard Troopr in the new channel > Copy preferences from existing channel > Choose the channel you want preferences copied from.
Users can now restrict activities from projects by accessing this feature. By using this feature you can decide what project(s) issues can be created and discussed by users present in the channel.
To use this feature Go to Troopr Web App > Project > Channel Preferences> Project Restriction > Set your preferences
- Tickets created using /t create command in a channel, will be visible only to the person creating the issue to avoid spamming at time of ticket creations for other users of the channel. No other channel members will be shown the ticket creation action.
- For some users, project names were not being displayed for a few projects in the channel preference page. This issue has been resolved, full name along with the project key will be displayed for users.
Users can now customize the values for action buttons for Jira Issue Card display modal. The customized values will be shown in a drop down list for users to choose from. Follow the steps below to customize your action button:
Step 1 : Open Troopr Web App > Project (Jira) > Channel Preferences > Choose preferred channel > click Configure > On the bottom left click on Click Issue Card Customization
Step 2 : Click on the action button drop down list and select your preferred display value
Step 3: In designated Slack channel, assigned action button values get reflected in Issue Card Modal
- In active comment thread sync, Troopr Bot notifications for ticket updates and approvals were not being displayed for some users, this issue has now been fixed.
Users will no longer be hindered by noisy notifications. With a completely new layout, user notifications have been formatted for maximum clarity and to reduce clutter. Users can now differentiate between Troopr actions and text posted by other users in threads in a single glance.
- Earlier only agent users were able to start channel syncs. With the new enhancement, all verified project users with site access can now start Channel Syncs
- Earlier some users were being shown duplicate copies of their thread replies while commenting in real time. This bug has now been fixed.
- For Grid workspace, if users create tickets using Multimessage action, the first text will be displayed as the title of the ticket and all subsequent messages will be shown in the ticket description.
Users can now set up a demo channel to run trials for Project without disturbing your existing Slack channels.
The process of setting up Jira Connection has been made easier with accompanying detailed video instructions.
You can now get alerts of all actions performed by you in Slack. To enable personal notifications, go to Troopr Web App > Project (Jira) > Personal Preferences > Slide the toggle for “Alert for my Actions.”
- Some edits made to comments in tickets on Jira site were not being reflected in Slack, the issue has now been resolved.
- Not all project names under the ‘Add Notification Subscription’ option were being displayed earlier. The issue has now been resolved. Users can search any number of projects by typing the Project name or scrolling through the drop down box.
- Any text formatted in Slack will appear similarly formatted in Jira now.
Troopr makes it easier to discuss Jira tickets. Emojis used in Slack will now be visible in Jira comments too
You can now view channel details at a glance by hovering over the “i” button under Channel preferences
- Workspace admins can now delete a channel without having channel admin rights.
- Fixed a bug that allowed non-verified users to access Issue Card customization and Emoji Ticketing modals. Only verified users will be able to make changes in the modals.
Users can now convert DM channel conversations with fellow employees to Jira tickets. This is possible once you allow Troopr to act on your behalf in DM channels.
- “Delete Channel Configuration” option is now available from within the Channel preferences option
- Fixed a bug that caused the JSM ticket default to be affected by the issue default
- Fixed a bug in the issue thread sync that prevented users from being able to view all updates and comments from Jira in the issue thread in Slack.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from being able to convert messages with replies into issues using emoji creation feature.
- When Troopr does not know about the Jira account of the @mention user in Slack, Troopr will now use the Slack username in Jira. This will work for comments and description.
- In the view modal of issues, the latest comments will now be shown at the top.
- Character limits for issue comments increased across the board.
You can now create dedicated channels that sync 2 ways with a Jira issue using Troopr’s “Channel Sync” feature. Channel sync can be started from Troopr Assistant app “Home” tab or by inviting Troopr to a new channel. On starting Channel Sync, all participants from the Jira ticket will be autmoatically added as members of the channel. You can pause and resume syncing in the channel as you need. Channel Sync can only be configured in a channel where Troopr is not already configured. If the channel is syncing with a JSM ticket, internal comments will not sync by default. Read more about it here.
- Troopr Project users can now add and edit unlimited fields while creating/updating tickets and issues (the prior limit was 100 fields).
- Fixed a bug that allowed unverified users to edit channel preferences. An error message will now pop up to prompt verification before users are able to open, edit or configure any channel.
- While creating an issue, users will now be prompted to save their entered data before changing the issue type. This will eliminate any accidental data loss during switching.
- Troopr products now show up separately in Troopr web app menu (vs grouped together under Jirabot). This makes for easier navigation for customers that are using only specific products.
- Fixed a bug that caused "Log time" action to not work sometimes in issue creation form in Slack
- Troopr App Home load time reduced with significant optimization limiting data that will be shown by default.
- Added warning message when disconnecting Jira connection.
- Handle Jira login links from slack => when personal is not connected => if you do /t command and there will be "Jira login" button, that should work properly.
You can now setup custom JQL filters that will be visible to all users in Slack.
Slack threads with Jira Thread Sync will can now be customized to show only comments or comments and activities.
- Improved handling of auto-create functionality when the Slack message has more than 255 characters
Issue card is how Jira issues appear in Slack as part of listing or a notification or in any message. Issue card attributes can now be customized for every channel.
- Issue previews will not generate again when Slack message is updated
- Fixed a bug in Slack login page that blocked login for some users
Issue preview (Unfurl) behaviour can now be customized for every channel.
- Issues created from Slack conversations are now attributed apprpriately.
- Fixed issues with chinese language issue types in issue creation
- Fixed a bug in issue creation command in bot channel
- Fixed a bug in Slack login page that caused it to crash in some cases
You can now customize the emoji you use to create issues from Slack messages.
Troopr Project now allows users to move an issue to active sprint in single click
- Fixed a bug that caused "My issues" button to not work for Jira Server in some cases
- Fixed a bug that caused issue creation to hand when some unsupported fields are present in creation form in some cases
- Jira connection errors now trigger chat with support team
- Better error handling when Troopr is removed from private channels where notification is configured
- Jira Notification for @mention now uses full name instead of display name
- Slack onboarding now greets with display name in place of full name
- Customers can now request change of subscription plan
Troopr products are now billed separately. Customers can get the benefit of lower prices when buying individual products. See pricing page for more details.
- Handled API throttling to limit Jira and Slack API calls when loading web app, to keep within limits
- Date time picker field not showing value in edit mode
- Channel admins can now see all configured channels even when they are not members of said channels
- Disabled Slack link previews in all Troopr messages by default
- Moved "Start thread sync" to the top in jira action dropdown
- Jira Server connection time out error will take only 10sec
- Fixed minor bugs in Pricing page UI
New Channel Preferences page UI shows channel type for clarity.
- Channel preferences page will now show recently configured channels on top
- Channel configuration can now be deleted in channel preferences main page
- Troopr now tracks install metadata to provide custom onboarding experience
- New Slack channel onboarding when Troopr is invited to channels
- Customers can now enable/disable each of the 5 Troopr products
- Custom onboarding now live for each of the 5 Troopr products
- Metrics page now moved from Home tab to dedicated Metrics tab
- Customers can restrict access to enabling / disabling Troopr products for the workspace
- Restrict Channel configuration - fixed bug that sometimes showed wrong admins in UI
- If Troopr projects is disabled, Issue Preview and Thread Sync will no longer work
Troopr now lets you configure a channel to automatically create issues for every message posted.
- Fixed a bug which caused thread sync to not work in some cases
- Issue update form now allows moving to another Sprint/backlog
- Minor performance improvements for Jira notification delivery
- "Jira Login" button in Slack now takes user directly to Atlassian page for authorization
- @mention notifications will not be delivered when user does not have access to the project
- Fixed formatting issues in rendering issue description
- Fixed a bug in thread sync when triggered from issues list
- Fixed minor issues in user mapping from Slack to Jira server
- Minor improvements to the ‘/t list’ command
- Minor UI improvements to Jira onboarding
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from accessing app home
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from adding/removing Sprints and backlogs for Jira issues from Slack
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from receiving @mention Jira notifications in Slack
- Minor performance improvements to Jira notifications
- Minor formatting improvements to text fields in Slack (say, issue descriptions and more)
You can now set issue creation defaults for public and private channels. Set any type/number of fields from the issue creation form as defaults. This configuration is available in the Channel preferences page.
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from adding comments in the multi-message actions
- Minor fixes in workspace admin access functionality
- Minor improvements in the “user mapping” modal
- Minor UI enhancements in the web app
- Fixed issues that prevented Troopr to be added in some channels where the number of users was greater than 100
- Minor improvements to support default and custom fields in the Slack commands
- Fixed issues that prevented some users to add sub-tasks to the issues from Slack
- Minor enhancements to Jira onboarding modal
- Channel notifications now show up parent task details when the corresponding sub-tasks are updated
- Fixed issues that prevented some users to add labels in the issue creation modal
- Minor enhancements in issue creation and edit modal
- Multiple bug fixes and minor UI improvements in the web app
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from receiving an acknowledgement message when their Jira accounts were not verified
- Minor UI enhancements to Jira onboarding modal
You can now set defaults for issue creation in DM’s and private conversation with “Troopr Assistant”. This configuration is available on the Personal preferences page.
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from creating issue when channel defaults are not configured
- Minor fixes in Jira issue search and unfurl actions
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from configuring Jira notifications in Slack
You can now enable/disable channel level thread sync as part of the Jira notification subscription configuration. When thread sync is enabled, issue creation/updates in Jira will start a thread in Slack where further discussions will be actively synchronized with Jira. Read more about channel notification configuration.
- Fixed issues that prevented some users from performing Jira unfurling in Slack
- Made minor improvements to multi-action attachment
- Issue view now shows all the important fields in Slack
- Made improvements to Jira server onboarding
You can now create Jira issues from Slack messages using a simple ticket emoji. Read more about issue creation here.
- Fixed issues with automatic user syncing from Slack and user mapping to Jira
- New lines in Slack messages are handled during quick issue creation
- Made minor improvements to the search command in Slack
- Admins can now sync users from Slack manually
- Jira bot now supports “update status” and “add comment” commands in Slack
You can now set your preferences for Thread Sync and Unfurl under settings. This setting is available on the Connection settings page.
- Fixed “Issues by Status” report to handle cases when the number of issues is high
- Comments in the threads show complete text without truncating
- Fixed webhook issues in the Slack grid for Jira cloud
- The thread sync functionality is now working across all the workspaces in the Slack grid
- The Report creation form will now show a warning message when JQL has more issues than the Report limit
- Fixed issues with the Channel reports & nudges webpage
- Multiple bug fixes and UI enhancements in web app and settings
- Fixed issue with “channel reports & nudges” run now option
- You can now choose to set up personal notifications for “Issues reported by me”
Now you can view the Jira issues with issue details, subtasks, attachments, comments and frequent actions all in one place.
Now you can add and manage subtasks to any issue in Slack. See the action in the Jira issue card in Slack in the "Select an action" dropdown.
- Fixed issues with Slack user profile update sync failing in some scenarios
- Fixed "Issues by Reporter" report to handle cases when the number of reporters is high
- Fixed Jira issue status update to also update the corresponding comment in Jira
- Troopr web app - paginated lists now allow page size configuration
- Task it message action in Slack handles rich text formatting better
- Fixed problems with the "Issues Missing Estimate" report
- Fixed a bug with engagement data when multiple Check-ins instances were triggered on the same day
- Reduced verbosity of messages in Thread Sync
- Fixed problem in issue creation form with number fields in some Jira projects
Jira notifications can now be posted in the Slack thread allowing for a more compact notification format and less noise in the channel. The Slack thread can also be configured to auto-sync future updates from Jira to Slack and vice versa. This can be a better way to track and monitor issues in Slack. These options are now configurable in the notification subscription configuration.
You can now open Jira issues in view mode similar to the opening issue in the Jira web app. This action will open a popup with all the issue details organized for easier consumption. It will also contain shortcuts to relevant actions. Check out by clicking on View action in a Jira issue card in Slack.
- Now you can submit feedback on Troopr from the web app (similar to how it is done in Slack)
- Empty sprints no longer show up in the Sprint velocity report
- Fixed an issue where channel list count was showing incorrectly in the dashboard
- Fixed an issue with timezone updates in Slack not syncing with Troopr user profile
- Improved search behaviour in Find action and during /t find
- Fixed an issue with default values not populating in list field types sometimes
- Channel configuration in the Troopr web app will now show who set it up
- You will now see acknowledgement in a popup on creating a new Check-in
- Fixed an issue with incorrect date in Check-in last updated time
Troopr usage metrics is now available in the Troopr web Dashboard. This includes number of active users, activity and others in the current and past 30 day periods.
Jira channel reports list can now be filtered and sorted to get to your report faster. Channel reports also have a dedicated landing page, so when you click on the report link in Slack, you will be directed to the report page where you can manage the report.
- Fixed an issue where Jira issues types will not show for non-English characters.
- Recent Comments in Thread Sync should show recent up to 5 public comments
- Fixed issues with syncing profile updates for the new members from Slack to Troopr
- Disabled auto unfurling of block kit links to external websites for subscription status messages
- Troopr will attempt to mark Slack message sender as requestor during the "Task It" action
- Thread Sync can now be started or stopped in any Slack (issue card) message
- Team mood Checki-ns now show a chart representing mood score for selected period
- Checkin insights page has the option to download engagement data along with responses
- Check-ins are auto enabled now after creation
A Cleaner and more organized sidebar allows more space for content and scales better for upcoming new features in Troopr.
- Jira charts now perform consistently in high load scenarios
- Jira comments form now shows most recent on top
- Jira thread sync now handles permission issues during comment updates gracefully
- Jira notifications now support when a comment is added alongside an attachment
- Jira notifications now show longer comment text before truncating
- Jira notifications now handle comments with visibility restrictions better
- Jira notification subscription form will now warn about existing subscriptions
- Slack user name, profile pic updates now auto-sync into Troopr
- Jira velocity chart fixes including reversing sprint order, showing time in hours
- Jira log time form now shows current time auto-selected for start time
- Jira Unfurl now works on edited messages in Slack
- Jira thread sync feature now alerts relevant users during updates
- Troopr workspace switcher in web app shows workspaces list in alphabetical order
Now you can configure the issue creator to automatically be assignee based on channel preference.
Customers can now set their own help desk link if they have their own getting started material for their team. This setting is available on the Feedback settings page. This will update the links to Help docs everywhere within Troopr.
- Fixed a Report bug that caused failures in high load scenarios.
- Channel configurations don't show up sometimes in the list in the web app.
- @mention in Slack now will render properly in Jira comment and description
- Fixed an issue with EPIC linking during issue creation
- Order of sprints in velocity report will now always be in sequence
- Task Check-in Jira activity log design is now easier to read and more compact
- Thread Sync - Delete the comment in Jira now syncs into active thread
- Unfurl now defaults to thread mode in all-new workspaces
- Now you can access the custom report in personal reports as well
- Issue listing filters now show if filters are applied over and above default channel project
- Task it action behaviour in thread updated
- Planning poker Check-in now supports answering along with the reason in web app
- Planning poker Check-in can now be re-used with optional updates to configuration
- Retro Check-in Action Items is read-only except for participants & administrators
- Check-in skip feature will be disabled after wait time when "late Check-in" is disabled
- Dashboard reports (creation & editing) always checks if the user has verified his Jira account
Now you can choose how Troopr expands context when Jira issues are mentioned in Slack. You can also completely disable this behaviour. See configuration in the Connection page for details.
You can now choose to sort the list of issues that show up when you type /t list or in the Slack app home. Troopr will also remember the settings per channel. Try it in any channel to see how it works.
- Users can now reset channel settings for channel
- Planning poker Check-in can now be set up and edited in the web app
- Thread Sync now supports @mention formatting
- Thread Sync now supports comment edits updates from Jira
- Fixed bug in answering Check-in from web app where the previous answer was disappearing from the screen
- Fixed bug in editing old JQL reports - in some old JQL reports editing was not working
- Custom Report template now supports custom JQL data source
- Fixed bug where some channel configurations won't show in the channel preferences page
- Fixed Velocity report bugs where it was showing wrong labels
- The User mapping page now shows the count of users who have the verified account
- User mapping page allows filtering in user mappings table
- Issue creation form now loads faster
- New users in Slack workspace will now be auto mapped to linked Jira account
- Planning poker Check-in - minor design updates to answer form & report
- Command support for issue linking: /t link
- "User Mapping" page now accessible only by admins or connection owner
- Retro Check-in - in case of skip or leave states, vote and comment options will be disabled
- Retro Check-in Action Items will be read-only except for participants/admins
- Jira notification fix - when the user changes the status & comments at the same time, comment notification is no longer missed
- Thread Sync fix: when issue status is changed with the comment, the issue card in the thread is updated
Troopr now supports 2-way real-time issue syncing in Slack. Conversations in an active thread in Slack will become comments in Jira for the linked issue. Any update to the issue in Jira will also show up in the thread, always and in real-time.
Users navigating across workspaces in Slack Grid will now have a more seamless experience
- Troopr shows shared channel reports in all relevant workspaces in Grid
- Troop shows shared channel configuration in all relevant workspaces in Grid
- Troopr auto-syncs user preferences across workspaces in the Grid
These features are in addition to the Jira admin and user connection configuration propagation across workspaces in Grid released earlier.
- Troopr Launcher - minor design changes for easier accessibility of frequent actions
- Burndown chart report now has a "Show issues" button
- Support for custom base URL for migrated Jira instances
- Issue listing by the board now picks up board configured in the channel defaults
- Multiple bug fixes in issue listing and notifications
The new Troopr web Dashboard page will be the default landing page. Other than the personal reports which you could always configure here, the new dashboard has shortcuts to important pages for managing your Check-ins, Jira account and more. Login to and see for yourself.
Troopr subscription can now be attached to Atlassian Billing. This allows customers to pay via their existing Atlassian payment profile. Troopr will sync the license in your linked Atlassian account when you choose to enable it.
Now you can link Jira issues with an easy "Link Issue" action in the issue card in Slack
Troopr will take users through a new onboarding process and allow users to choose if they want notifications and/or reports in the channel
- The previous answer in the Check-in report - Standup Check-ins now include answers from the previous instance in the answer form and in the Check-in report.
- Late submission and update - Task Check-in - updated design to be glance friendly for longer reports.
- Troopr handles cases when the app is accessed from a Grid member workspace where it is not installed. More Grid workspace bugs resolved.
- Adding the user to an existing Troopr workspace in Grid now automatically replicate his Jira access. Removing the user removes his token from that workspace.
- Billing module now handles payment failures with support for self-service resolution options.
- Checkin : Users removed from Slack workspace are removed from all Check-ins.
- Jira - Board lists in Slack now shows board type (Kanban / Scrum).
- Slack app dashboard (app home) now shows the last refresh time.
- Edit modal now allows changing Sprint.
- Workspace picker now shows full name.
- Invalid JQL in the issue listing filter is handled gracefully.
- Task Check-in - fixed bug: participant Jira account verification status shown incorrectly sometimes Updated design for Jira notification ACK msg in Slack channel.
- Jira channel default modal - fixed bug: when the user has permission to browse the project but not to create issue
- You can now delete the Channel defaults configuration if you have permission
Workspace administration and a few more premium features were launched as part of the "Premium" plan. Learn more about the new pricing options.
Customers can now manage their Billing profile in the Troopr customer billing portal. The new portal will allow customers to
- Update payment method
- Download Invoices
- Change Troopr subscription plan
- Update Billing profile information
- Only workspace administrators will have access to the customer Billing portal. Read more about it.
- Jira reports drill through button "Show Issues" will now show the results in the thread.
- Check-ins can now have multiple admins. Read more.
- Fixed missing Jira activity log in Jira Standup (Task Check-in).
- Fixed issue with showing default reporter value in the issue creation form.
- Fixed issues with setting the default project tracker for the workspace.
- Fixed missing custom message bug in Custom JQL report.
- Task Check-in now shows activity log only from the configured Sprint.
- Task Check-in - fixed engagement metric calculation bugs.
- When a Slack message is converted to an issue with the "Task It" action, Troopr will use the sender of the Slack message as the reporter of the issue.
- Minor improvements to Jira Report design.
- Admin access control enabled for Jira user mapping feature.
The person who installed Troopr is the Troopr workspace administrator by default. Now you can add more administrators using the Troopr workspace administration feature. Add any member of the workspace as administrator. Read more about workspace administrator privileges.
Configure Channel administrators and restrict access to channel configuration. For example, if you integrate with Jira Service Desk projects, you can set up the agents as channels administrators for the IT helpdesk channel, so customers reporting issues in the channel will be restricted.
- The Checkins late submission can now be disabled. Read more about it here.
- Sharing Jira issues to a private channel is now restricted unless Troopr is a member.
- Dismiss button now made available in most of Troopr's messages.
- Listing scheduled reports in Slack now supports pagination.
- "Show Activity" message design is now consistent with typical notification design.
- Jira grouped notifications now show the most recent update on top.
- Users without Jira account mapping are also shown in the Task Check-in participant list.
- The Retro Check-in web app report now supports Jira issue mentions like in Standup Check-ins.
See all updates from 2020 here: What's new - 2020