Troopr HelpDesk lets you set up an employee (customer) support channel (HelpDesk) that automatically syncs employee requests with Jira tickets. The purpose of this channel can be for employees to report IT support requests or any other type of requests, support queries they may have.
Setup a support channel for all teams and request types (#troopr-help) or setup individual support channels for every team (eg: #it-help, #hr-help). Each support channel can be mapped to its relevant corresponding JSM project with default request type. Read more on how to setup default project and request type here.
There are 2 major ways to enable auto ticket creation in support channels: auto create for every message posted or on emoji action. Read more here
Benefits of setting up an employee support channel in Slack
- One place for employees to submit any support request
- No additional login or need to remember a process to submit support requests
- No form filling, employees can simply post a chat message
- Easily discuss the issue with the support team in the channel
- Automatic ticket creation support by Troopr
- Automatic 2-way syncing of Slack conversation into Jira
- Get notified of updates directly in the same Slack conversation
- Get instant answers from knowledge base with Troopr Wiki
- Troopr Help Desk product should be enabled in your Troopr workspace
- Troopr should be connected to your Jira
Steps to setup support channel
Step 1: Add Troopr to a channel by typing the following command
/invite @Troopr Assistant
You will receive a welcome message:
Step 2: Click on the " Onboard Troopr" button and select the 'Support channel'
Setp 3: Select the default project and request type (optional)
Execute /t configure and Click on "Advanced" to further set up the channel for :