Get started for agents
Troopr HelpDesk connects Jira service desk to Slack so you can manage all your Jira requests directly in Slack.
Before getting started ensure that your workspace administrator has configured Jira for the team. If Jira is not configured yet in your Troopr workspace, you can request the Jira administrator to complete that step first by logging into Troopr and following instructions to connect Jira Cloud or Server/DC.
You can get started by first inviting Troopr to a Slack channel. If you already invited Troopr to your channel during the onboarding process, you can skip this step.
Convert any Slack channel into a Troopr Helpdesk channel using the command /invite @Troopr Assistant. Read more here
If you can’t find Troopr under the App’s section on your Slack workspace, click on the Add App in the Slack sidebar and search for Troopr Assistant. Select Troopr so that it will start showing up under the Apps in Slack. We recommend that you star the Troopr Assistant app for easier accessiblity later.
- Setup HelpDesk channels: Troopr helps you create 2 types of helpdesk channels.
- Create tickets in Slack: Collect and create tickets from requests directly in Slack.
- Get real time bidirectional updates: Never miss a ticket update with the real time bidirectional updates feature. Read more here
- Log internal comments: Record internal comments for agents which cannot be viewed by the employees. Read more here
- Setup dedicated channel for priority incidents: Configure dedicated channels that sync 2-way with Jira tickets. Get notified about updates to the tickets in the dedicated channel. Read more here
- Handle Approval Requests: Easily approve requests in Slack with one click or send alerts in Slack to approvers. Read more here
- Setup CSAT requests in Slack: Send CSAT feedback to the requestor in Slack as soon as the request is closed. Read more here
- Guest facilitation: Guest facilitation allows unverified users (users who are yet to connect their Jira account) to create, take action and comment on Jira tickets. It can be enabled by the workspace administrator. Read more on how it works here.