Set up any emoji to create and update Jira tickets in Slack, for yourself, for the channel or for the whole workspace!
Who can create
Who can use
All workspace users
All channel members
Person who setup the emoji
Setup Emoji Action for create or update Jira tickets
Request Create Action
With request creation action, users can convert any Slack message into a Jira request.
Issue Update Action
Issue update action enables users to update any Jira ticket. Use emojis to change status, priority, assign issues to yourself, mark issues as done, start watching issues and update fields.
Add Comment Action
With add comment action, users can add the Slack message as comment to an existing Jira ticket.
Steps to create emoji actions
- To get started, go to Troopr Webapp -> Home-> Emoji Actions. Click on "New Emoji Action '' button.
- Select any emoji and state its purpose.
- Select the scope as workspace/channel/personal. (If you are not an admin, only the ‘personal’ option would be available to you)
- Choose the emoji action type.
- Fill the additional details required based on the selected emoji action type.
Update Emoji Action
Click on the customize button to update the existing emoji actions. You can choose to update the emoji, purpose, scope, emoji action type and additional details and values. Once the emoji action is updated, clicking on ‘Update emoji action’ will update the action of the emoji.
Please note administrators can update the action of the workspace/ channel emoji while users can update the action of the personal emoji they created.
Default Emoji actions
Default emoji action that will trigger issue creation based on channel defaults
Add the Slack message as comment to an existing Jira issue
Assign the issue to yourself
Mark the issue status and resolution as done