In DM channels
Handle requests from employees in direct chat (DM channels) with them.
The least friction path for customers (employees) to report issues is to post a chat message directly to support team members they know in Slack. However, this makes tracking these requests tedious for the support team. With Troopr, you can easily capture these conversations into Jira requests.
- Troopr is connected to your Jira
- Troopr HelpDesk is enabled in your workspace
- [optional] Authorize Troopr for advanced features in DM channels
Requesting in DM channels
- Click on the three dots menu in the top right of the message and then choose “More actions” and select "Task It". If "Task It" is not available, look for it in "More message shortcuts".
- Dynamic issue creation form will open. Defaults will be set as per channel preferences. Fill in other details as required and submit
- The customer will receive a private message from Troopr about this request
- The customer can add comments to the issue in the private message thread
- The customer will receive notifications about any updates to the request
Authorizing Troopr for advanced features
Agents can authorize Troopr to post on their behalf in the DM channels. This will allow Troopr to
- Post about the request that got created in the DM channel.
- Convert multiple messages in the conversation to a request (multi-message task it).
How to authorize Troopr for DM channels
Step 1: Navigate to the Troopr App > "HelpDesk (Jira)" > "Personal Preferences"> In the "Use Troopr in DM channels" section click Give Permission to start the authorization workflow.
Step 2: You will be guided to another modal asking permission for Troopr to access for your Slack workspace > click Allow