Setup Support Channel
Set up an employee support channel in Slack Troopr HelpDesk lets you set up an employee (customer) support channel (HelpDesk) that automatically syncs employee requests with Jira tickets. The purpose of this channel can be for employees to report the IT support requests or any other type of requests, support queries they may have.
- One place for employees to submit any support request
- No additional login or need to remember a process to submit support requests
- No form filling, employees can simply post a chat message
- Easily discuss the issue with the support team in the channel
- Automatic ticket creation support by Troopr
- Automatic 2-way syncing of Slack conversation into Jira
- Get notified of updates directly in the same Slack conversation
- Get instant answers from knowledge base with Troopr Wiki
- Designate a channel where your employees will post support requests. Note this is usually a public channel and information about this channel is shared with all employees.
- Add Troopr to the designated employee support channel
- Click on Onboard Troopr and choose the "Set up Customer Support Channel" option
- Follow instructions to set up the channel to automatically create tickets and sync them in your Jira Service Management project
- Get started by typing /t configure command in the Slack channel.
- Click on "Advanced Settings" to get redirected to the channel preferences page for the channel in the Troopr web app.
Alternatively, you can navigate to Troopr web ap (https://app.troopr.io) and then to "HelpDesk (Jira)" in the side panel and select "Channel Preferences". On the channels page, select the channel to configure or pick a new channel from the drop-down list.
- Configure the channel settings on this page
- Channel Defaults: Setup This will be used when a new Jira ticket is created using commands or "message action".
- Restrict Channel configuration: Configure who can make changes to the channel settings. There can be one or more channel admins.
- Ticket creator as Assignee: The person who creates the ticket will be made assignee for the ticket automatically. When the creator does not have permission, a ticket will be left unassigned.
- Enable Thread Sync by default: When a ticket is created, any further conversation in the Slack thread will be synced with Jira as ticket comments and vice versa.
- Request CSAT feedback: When a ticket is closed, a report will be sent a notification to submit feedback.