Setup Agent Channel
In Troopr, "Agent" channel is a private channel where help desk support team members collaborate to work on incoming requests. Support requests may come from many sources. It may come from Slack via Troopr or from an email or via Jira customer portal or any other source. Irrespective of the source, the purpose of an Agent channel is to serve as the central hub to manage all incoming requests.
- One place for all request notifications
- Collaborate with all support team members in the channel
- Private space for support team members to discuss requests
- Quickly scan through all recent requests in the channel
- Easily assign, update requests in Slack
- Dedicated Slack thread for discussing each request
- Realtime bidirectional updates in the request thread
- Post public comments for customers in the Slack thread
- Troopr Help Desk product should be enabled in your Troopr workspace
- Troopr should be connected to your Jira
- Designate an existing channel where your agent's team members are there as the agent triage channel or create a new one. Note this is usually a private channel to restrict access to agents only.
- Add Troopr to the designated triage channel
- Click on Onboard Troopr and choose the "Setup Agent Triage Channel" option
- Follow instructions to set up the channel to receive ticket notifications from your Jira Service Management project